Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR, together enable businesses to efficiently deliver rich customer experiences across multiple digital touch points. With Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR, content can easily and consistently move between the browser, standalone applications and native operating systems to reach users on the devices of their choice. Since the Adobe runtimes share a common codebase, developers can reuse code to deploy game console quality 2D and 3D games, rich media applications with premium high definition video and scalable date driven applications though both Adobe AIR and Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe Flash Player 20 features:
• Stage 3D. Build stunning, blazing-fast cinematic 2D and 3D games. Use fully accelerated GPU rendering, which leverages the power of OpenGL and DirectX graphics.
• Enhanced mouse control. Create immersive, panoramic games that take advantage of infinite scrolling, mouse lock, relative mouse coordinates, and right- and middle-click events.
• Concurrency. Create high-performance, more responsive games and content using ActionScript workers and shared ByteArray support. Share memory and leverage machine resources by offloading tasks to background workers that run concurrently.
• Full-screen support. Deliver exciting, full-screen games with full keyboard support across browsers (including Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer) and operating systems (Mac and Windows).
• HD-quality video. Play high-quality HD video with industry-standard codecs such as H.264, AAC, and MP3. Use GPU hardware optimization and chipsets that scale across all platforms to provide best-in-class video performance.
• High quality of service. Engage viewers with optimized and adaptive bitrate video streaming as well as an extensive feature set. Support for streaming standards such as HDS, RTMP, and progressive video allows video content to be delivered efficiently and flexibly across various network and CDN configurations.
• Content protection. Deliver protected premium video content using Adobe Access, which supports a wide range of business models, including video on demand, live broadcast, HD rental, subscription, and electronic sell-through.
• Multicore rendering. Build high-performance vector graphics and display true 1080p videos that take advantage of up to four CPU cores.
• SWF file optimization. Deliver optimized SWF files for faster download through the LZMA compression algorithm.
• Advanced bitmap control. Deliver smoother animations and interactivity using enhanced high-resolution bitmap support, bitmap caching, and asynchronous bitmap decoding